Bowling Lane Worker Strangled by Pin Setting Machine

Bowling

According to a press release from OSHA, a bowling lane worker was strangled to death by his own hooded sweatshirt. His sweatshirt got caught in the pin setting machine asphyxiating the 53-year-old worker, husband, father and grandfather.

The pin setting machine did not have the machine guard in place. OSHA issued 8 safety violations related to the pin setting machines.

Northwest Lanes, according to OSHA, had no lockout/tagout program in place to prevent machines from starting while workers were still working on them.

Here’s the original OSHA press release.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s