Food Safety Summit Food not Safe

According to Food Safety News website, 216 people who attended a Food Safety Summit in Baltimore this past spring were poisoned by the food served at that summit.

The report that was just released by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has determined that it was the chicken that was contaminated with Clostridium perfringens. Those who ate the chicken ended up with symptoms that ranged from diarrhea, cramps, nausea and vomiting.

While, in defense of the Food Safety Summit, this is the first time in its 16-year history anyone has contracted food poisoning, this incident is, nonetheless the definition of irony.

smiley_with_burger

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s