Last week was the National Safety Conference in San Diego. A couple of our people were there as we usually are. It’s an annual event that features anything and everything related to safety. It’s also the time of year when OSHA traditionally releases its’ list of the top safety violations for the year.
This year, the top 10 most-cited violations is as follows:
- Fall Protection in Construction (1926.501)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
- Scaffolding in Construction (1926.451)
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178)
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305)
- Ladders in Construction (1926.1053)
- Machine Guarding (1910.212)
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303)
Compare to last years’ list. Top ten remain the same but the order changes a little.
It’s a preliminary list and more detailed information will be released at a later date.