At the National Safety Council in Chicago this week OSHA released the Top 10 Safety Violations list for 2013.
1. Fall Protection
2. Hazard Communication
4. Respiratory Protection
5. Electrical – Wiring Methods (Up from #8 last year)
6. Powered Industrial Trucks (Up frp, #7 last year)
7. Ladders (down from #5 last year)
8. Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout (Up from #9 last year)
9. Electrical – General (Down from #8 last year)
10. Machine Guarding – General Requirement (Down from #6 last year)
Generally, the top ten citations haven’t changed at all in the past few years with the top ten simply switching places from one year to the next.