Hazmat responders of the world, take heed. A new website, the National Hazardous Materials Fusion Center has been launched.
The purpose of the website is to allow for a timely exchange of information on all things regarding hazardous materials, especially for hazmat responders.
It boasts a great selection of training material available for free download which includes the following:
- Biodiesel Training Package
- Carbon Monoxide Training Package
- Chlorine Training Package
- Ethanol Training Package
- Hydrochloric Acid Training Package
- 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook
- Hydrogen Generator
- Methanol Institute Training Materials
- Guidance Concerning FEMA Missions affected by BP Oil Spill
Additionally, Regional Incident Survey Teams can register with the site to produce reports based on real incidents. Proper tracking, combined with the engine behind the site can help them generate powerful analytics and statistics. Some of the summary reports available to the public but most are available only to members (not even the Hazmat Fusion Center can view them).
The purpose of the site is to provide a centralized information source that can help all hazmat responders with timely information, trends and news that will make their jobs easier as well as help them save lives.